Sunday, September 18, 2011

What is wrong with my computer?  It just took minutes to pull this up.  Yuck.  Thought I would post some pictures.  We’ve been very bad about taking photos lately.  Most of what we take is with our phones, so if the picture quality isn’t the best, you know why.

This is Kalyn and Keali at the beginning of June following their basketball camp.  They both did much better this year than last.

IMG_1645

Keali just chilling out on the couch with the twins.

010

In August, Heath’s Mom was watching the twins.  A couple days later, this showed up in the local newspaper.  My baby girl, sans-clothing.  Julia swears she tried to put a swimming suit on but Kaci wouldn’t let her.  My response was, she is only 22 months old!  Oh well, she is a cutie.  I just hope she doesn’t get used to posing half nude in public.014

This was the first day of school for Kalyn and Keali.  I think they look very cute!019

Keali wasn’t too excited about going back to school, but she put on a brave face.

021

Kalyn was excited, but nervous about 1st grade.  025

This was my birthday in August.  As usual, I had to work on my birthday, so while I was out for the day, Heath and the girls made me two cakes and got some beautiful roses for me.086

Kynan is just a cutie pie.  What would I do without his cheese?

093

Kaci can be super precious when she wants to be.  Mostly she is just mean, but this was a good moment.  Sorry it’s a bath pic.097

We continue to be busy juggling our lives every day.  Football season is in full force now so I’m a single parent most nights of the week.  Kalyn sometimes will step up and really help me out, but she is also feeling a bit of pressure I think being the oldest.  She tries so hard, but occasionally will say “I’m only a kid” or “I only have two hands” when I ask her to help me out.  Sorry baby.  Wish I could do it all myself (not really) and pamper you for life, but you gotta learn sometime.  She is good at watching the twins and sometimes will even help clean up (on her own terms, of course).

Keali continues to make the worlds most annoying sound every day.  Really.  I would remove her voicebox if it wouldn’t be considered abuse.  I don’t know what it is, but she makes this sound and I just want to chop off my ears and start hitting things.  We are working on that.

Kynan has started speaking more in the past week.  It’s fun when I realize I know what he is saying.  His favorite thing to say right now is, “Where Daddy go?”  Not that Daddy is always leaving, but when he goes into a different room, it can be quite traumatic…?

Kaci has gotten even more obsessed with shoes.  Not that she loves picking out shoes, but something is VERY wrong if somebody isn’t wearing their shoes.  “Oh NO!” she cries every time she sees bare feet.  If your shoes are anywhere in sight or in her reach, she will retrieve them and assist you in putting them on properly.  It’s really cute, but dramatic.

I’m down to 7 full weeks left (6 for the c-section).  I think I still haven’t realized just how soon that is.  I know in my head it is just around the corner, but I have so much to do between now and Kynli’s arrival, it feels like months away still.  We did a fetal-fibronectin test on Friday to see if I am at risk for pre-term labor.  I’ve been having a lot of contractions and pressure, so just to rule it out, we did the test.  Thankfully it came back negative, giving us almost a guarantee that Kynli won’t show up for at least 2 more weeks.  For the time being, she is a very active little girl and enjoys poking her bony parts into me.  I’m ready to not be pregnant, but I admit I will miss being pregnant.  I’m usually miserable when pregnant, but I do really love feeling the baby move around and I know I’ll miss that.  No more babies though!  I am pretty sure I’m done!

2 comments:

Best of the Best said...

I can't believe how grown up your kids are especially the twins! Weren't you giving birth to the twins a few months ago and you're about to have another one? Where does the time go? Here's hoping that all goes well these next few weeks.

Jennie said...

Wow! I can't believe how grown up everyone looks. Especially Kynan and Kaci. Where did they get their light hair from? Everyone looks so cute! I hope your last couple of weeks go quickly and all goes smoothly. The second c-section is better than the first. It's like your body knows how to handle it the 2nd time.