Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Tomorrow is Kynan and Kaci's 2nd birthday! It's hard to believe it has been two years since that day. They are both so big now, you would never guess they were so tiny when they were born. I can barely lift them! To be fair though, I am nine months pregnant and they weigh more than 30 lbs each.
Kaci is having to get straps for her legs. I don't know if that is what they are called, but basically, she is going to have to wear a belt with straps that wrap around each leg and clip on to her shoes. Her legs turn inwards naturally, and we've tried fixing it with therapy, but it just isn't working. It is a left over from being squished inside for so long. She is going to HATE this. She can't stand us putting a long sleeve shirt on her. I don't want to think about how she will respond to us wrapping straps around her legs. Should be fun times for all.
Kynli is due for her c-section November 1st. Just 13 days away. I wish she would come a bit sooner though. I don't feel I'm as big as I've been with other pregnancies, but I am definetly ready to not be pregnant any more. If I'm going to be losing sleep, I'd rather it was because of an infant than 'just because I can't sleep.' Annoying.
Kalyn and Keali are getting excited about Kynli's arrival. Kynan really doesn't care, and Kaci, while she knows something named Kynli is in my stomach, well...we are just worried she will try to kill the baby when she gets here. She is very possessive and gets violently jealous. Not a good combination. We are doing all we can to prepare her. Hopefully she will surprise us all and be the best big sister ever.
We are having our own home version of Cupcake Wars this weekend. It is Heath and Keali vs. Kalyn and me. I don't know about our opponents, but Kalyn and I have been planning out our cupcake (we are only doing round 1 to Kalyn's disappointment...I refuse to make 1000 cupcakes) for a couple of weeks. I think we finally have a plan formulated. Now to execute properly and to keep the competition from snooping...

No comments: