Friday, September 9, 2011

On call.  Again.

I’m on call a lot lately – probably because I’ll be out the second half of the semester and unable to take call, but still.  It stinks.

Life continues to be full of super busy monotony.  Sounds weird, but that is what it is.  At work we are preparing to host the RA conference for our region.  It is the first weekend in October.  Less than a month away and still so much to do.  The committee I am advising is responsible for registration and hotel accommodations.  It didn’t sound that hard when I volunteered for it, but I also didn’t know I would be  9 months pregnant at the time of the conference!  Paperwork has started coming in and I’ve been hit with just how much goes into a project like this.  Just a month and it will be over.  That is what I have to keep telling myself!

Kynli has taken to being super active in the middle of the night.  Just like a baby.  I don’t mind so much, I do enjoy feeling her move around (my favorite part of pregnancy by far!), I just wish she calmed down a bit more when I attempt to rest.  She is a wiggly worm though.

Kynan and Kaci are going to FINALLY start physical therapy next week!  With the addition of PT, they will each be in therapy for 5 hours per week.  Luckily, we are able to have them go at the same time so it isn’t like we are having to (Heath actually) take them for 10 hours out of the week.  I hope we see results soon.  Their problem isn’t too pronounced though so it may just be a gradual improvement.  Their speech therapy and developmental therapy has yielded amazing results so far and they are getting more talkative (recognizable words) every day. 

Right now, Kaci’s cutest words are “Spongebob Squarepants.”  Kalyn has started watching Mighty Morphing Power Rangers (why did I ever like that show?) and I swear Kynan said, “Go Go Power Rangers.” this evening.  Very cute.  Kaci said  I Love You for the first time this week, though it sounds more like, “Ah Waaah Uuu.” Still.  We know what it means and it melts my heart when I hear it.

Kaci is a biter.  I picked up the twins from Heath’s parents a few days ago.  Kynan had a very pronounced bite mark on his forearm and on his back.  His BACK!  I hate to say this isn’t the first time he has been mistaken for a particularly tasty morsel, but I just don’t know what to do other than tell her to stop because it hurts.  This evening Kynan was crawling over Kaci on the couch and she just bent over and tried to sink her teeth into his side!  Any suggestions are welcome.  Kalyn and Keali never bit anyone so this is new for us.  Kynan used to bite, but that was just instinct I think.  He has stopped.

Kalyn’s school is doing a myriad of fundraisers.  Last week she told me they were selling “Pickles on the Playground” for 50 dollars.  I told her I was pretty sure it wasn’t 50 dollars, probably 50 cents, but she was insistent.  When I told her I wasn’t about to spend 50 dollars on anything, let alone a pickle, she stated, “But Momma, It is a PICKLE!”  If it isn’t the size of a house, I’m not buying it.  It was 50 cents by the way.

Keali is Keali.  She makes the most horrible sound I’ve ever heard when she is upset.  It makes me want to rip out her voicebox and tear my ears off my head.  I can’t stand it.  I’m working with her to get her to express frustration in a less annoying way, but so far I am losing.  She is very cute though and a bit of a monkey.  She is a performer when she doesn’t think anyone is looking, but gets very embarrassed when she is caught.  She is very funny.

Heath is at work tonight, and I’m about to go to bed.  First I have to swallow half a bottle of Mylanta, then I will be good to go.  Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

Belkycita said...

This might sound horrible but when Victoria gave the vampire life style a try, I made her bite into a bar soap right away. And I told her that every time she bit someone she also had to bite the soap.
She did three more times, because that kid does not believe me. but then it was done.
Make sure you wash their mouths really well afterward and give her a big hug. The hate the stuff!