Saturday, June 4, 2011

I don’t know why, but I seem to be surprised every year how hot it gets in Arkansas!  I always remember that it is super hot, but I forget what it actually feels like. 

I would rather be naked then wear any type of clothing.  Unfortunately, society and my self image won’t allow me to do that so I’m having to do the best I can.  I’ve gotten a number of light maxi dresses.  I always thought they looked cute and they do.  And they are super comfortable in this weather.  I love them.  The problem is getting Heath to agree to buying about 20 more.  I would like a good selection to choose from, LOL!

Speaking of the husband…He has taken to watching LOST.  I watched the show in the first season then became very irritated that I didn’t have a clue what was going on.  This time around is no different.  Hmmm.

So, yesterday at work I got what Heath is referring to as a “Promotion Demotion.”  I have the same title, same pay, and twice the work now.  My co-worker Mark is not going to be returning after June 30th and that leaves me to pick up his work.  I’m trying really hard not to panic, but the timing could be a lot better!  We will of course hire a replacement, but with the way hiring works here, and the schedule our department is going to be keeping this summer, it will probably be September before we ever get to interview candidates.  And October before they probably would start (assuming we found somebody we wanted to hire!). 

If you’ve been paying attention, I’ll be pretty pregnant right about that time.  As I said before…the timing could be better.  I don’t care what anyone else says though…I’m going on maternity leave and there isn’t anything anyone can do about it.

Kalyn and Keali spent last night at their grandparent’s house and are spending the day with them.  I can tell Kynan and Kaci are loving the extra attention from Heath and I.  By the way…I do regret naming all my babies with a K, though I will probably have to name this one like that too. 

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Now is actually the perfect time to watch Lost - it's all available on DVD/Bluray (I have both!) and you don't have to wait for the sporatic new episode to air like you did when it was on TV, allowing you to better understand (or at least attempt to keep up) what's going on.

Aren't you always pregnant during summer? There's a reason I don't visit in the summer, but I think you have an added reason to be over-heated.

Belkycita said...

You are SO funny! that last part made me giggle.
I think you should go and get at least two more dresses!!! there is nothing like comfort when you are pregnant.

:-)