Sunday, May 29, 2011

Three day weekends were sent to us straight from Heaven!  I’m so happy to not have to work tomorrow.  I’m not on duty either!

Yesterday was nice.  The older girls went out with Brad and Melissa to Blanchard Springs and had a blast.  Heath and I went out with the younger two to the mall.  We were able to pick up some basketball shorts for the girls and some candy for me!  I’ve been wanting Runts for the longest time and the only place to get them around here is the candy store in the mall. 

Later, Heath and I went to see Baby Jace in the hospital.  As I predicted, he was born yesterday morning and he is adorable!  It’s good for me to hold babies right now.  I think I’m starting to feel this little one.  Every once in awhile, I think I’ve felt something.  It’s still too early to know for sure, but I like the feeling anyway. 

So, Jace.  He is little, 4 lbs, 13 oz.  He is doing well.  He has a tiny little nose, lots of dark hair, and he has the most gigantic feet I’ve ever seen on a newborn!  His feet are just as long as his legs from ankle to knee!  They are precious!  I was punished though for unwrapping him long enough to take a look.  He did NOT like that!  He began crying…this sound his Daddy calls the “Raptor cry.”  I was the lucky one to be holding him when he had his first sneeze.  The most precious little sound!  April always sneezes in multiples.  5-7 times.  Jace sneezed 5 time!  So cute.  I can’t say it enough.  He is such a sweetie pie and I’m so happy he is here!

Today hasn’t been as good.  Heath is battling some type of stomach bug and I’ve started to get it this afternoon.  I just feel yucky.  Once of my new hall directors came to drop some stuff off today.  I went over to let him in.  I didn’t realize that “a few things” meant his life long collection of everything!  I was the only one over there and he had tons of stuff.  I’m limited in what I can carry, so I did what I could and recruited help for the rest.  It is HOT outside!  HOT.

Tomorrow we will spend time with family and with luck, I’ll get to take another nap.  I love naps!

Kaci has started to become more verbal.  Yesterday, while at his parent’s house, Heath sat next to his mom.  Kaci was in her lap.  Kaci pointed at Heath and shouted, “Go Way!”  She doesn’t like to share.  While driving home, I tried to get Kaci to dance.  She pointed at me and shouted, “Don’t.”  Hmmm.  Maybe sometime we will get some positive responses from her.

No comments: