Sunday, September 5, 2010

So far, it has been the perfect Labor Day weekend!  I’m on duty, but have only gotten a couple of calls (knock on wood).024  Kaci doesn’t quite know what to think of grass.

Friday, I managed to get my office mostly organized!  Yeah!  Unfortunately in my quest for a clean office, I forgot to pick Keali up from school.  I was 35 minutes late.  I.  Felt.  Horrible.  Luckily, KeeKee didn’t notice my tardiness.  The teacher did though!  She gave me a freebie this time.  Thanks Mrs. Theresa!120

  The love of my life.

Friday evening, I hung out with the kids while Heath was at work.  I had wanted to go to the football game, but I can’t leave town when I’m on call.  The babies went to bed fairly early, and I put a movie on for Kalyn and Keali while I caught up on a book I’ve been reading.  It’s fourth in a series and I still have three more to read.  They are super long and fairly slow reads, but I love the series (Outlander).  032

  Kalyn is not one to pass up a chance to pose.

After a while we went to my room to snuggle and wait for Daddy to come home.  Kalyn and I fell asleep pretty quickly.  Keali apparently wandered around the apartment for a while before finally falling asleep on the floor next to my bed.  She had arranged pillows, a camping chair, and a blanket.  She actually appeared quite comfortable.  Heath put the girls to bed once he got home and I felt slothful as I slept until 7:30 am!  That’s a whole hour past my usual wake up time.017

  It was fun to watch them crawl around on the grass.  Soon they will be walking.

The kids and I played and ate while Heath slept in (he got home just before midnight).  I managed to get all the laundry done and put away (when was the last time Heath did that?).  Once Heath got up we went out shopping and playing with the kids.  When my blood sugar dropped we ate lunch then went home.  I attempted to take a nap while the babies slept (I am seriously exhausted all the time).  I couldn’t sleep though because Kalyn and Keali kept coming into my room to chat.  I finally gave up and took the girls and babies outside.028

  My little man is so handsome!

The weather has been BEAUTIFUL the past couple of days.  I spread out a blanket, put the babies in baby prison and watched the girls ride their bikes.  It was glorious!  So peaceful and serene.  I really couldn’t imagine anything better.066

  Such a pretty smile!

Heath came out after a while and we went to the playground.  The kids swung and ran around.  Heath got on the centrifugal force thingy and spun around for a while.  He asked me to stop him (because you CANNOT stop yourself on this thing).  I obediently went to him and stopped the spinning.  Heath told me to try it.061

  This was the first time the babies got to really play in the play area.  They really enjoyed it.  So did a lot of kids who actually 'petted ‘ them!

Now, I know myself.  I spin around once and realize I’m going to get sick.  I spin around twice and begin to loose my balance.  More than twice and the world spins, and I get nauseous.  I knew better.  But, I agreed so long as Heath would stop me.  105

  Kaci-Bear is SO pretty.

One spin.  Okay.  I’m going to get sick, stop me.107

  Kynan really enjoys swinging..

All I hear is laughter.  By this point my eyes are clamped shut and I am screaming for Heath to stop me.  I spin faster (apparently kicking your legs makes it go faster).  Please.  Get me off this thing!  More laughter.  I begin to slip.  Stop me!!  Laughter.  Next thing I knew, I was thrown from the toy, laying on the ground clutching the mulch to make the world hold still.  There was a pain in my leg.112

  All four of my babies swinging.  They LOVED this..

When I could finally sit up, and Heath stopped his maniacal laughter, I looked at my leg—swollen and bleeding, then stood up and beat Heath up.  I think the neighbors were a little concerned.  I noticed them watching, so I gave Heath a hug and we headed home to put ice on my leg.  Just a “pop knot” according to Heath.  It is much better today.075

  Bubbie swiped and devoured this cinnamon roll.

Just for the record—it took Heath 5 hours to apologize for not stopping me when I asked him to.  He still laughs when he  thinks about it.  My husband isn’t a bad man.  But he is a 6 year old boy sometimes.097

  Keali is a fearless swinger.  I wish we could keep the hair out of her eyes.

Today we went to church (the girls were really good) and I was   able to go to Relief Society!  After church we went to Mamaw and Papaw’s house and played outside with the kids.  And we still have tomorrow!  It has been a great weekend!071       

  Keali loves posing with the babies.

1 comment:

jennifer rogers said...

okay that totally sounds like something Joe would do to me! I can empathize with you on the spinning thing! I hope you are all healed up!