Sunday, August 29, 2010

Wow!  Those infections knocked me out!  I don’t remember ever getting that sick that quickly.  I am feeling much better now!  I’m still congested and have an 80 year old smoker’s cough, but I’m great!.  I hope my hubby and kids don’t get this. 

I went to work Friday morning to find several other office mates out with the same thing, and at least three more getting it.  I hope they go to the doc early—antibiotics are the only way to kick this thing.

This weekend is the first in two months that I have not had to work!  I’ve worked every day since June 28th.  I slept in yesterday morning until 7:20 and felt slightly slothful!  It was amazing!  Wonderful.  We have had a mostly lazy weekend, just enjoying the time together as a family. 

We went to a consignment sale.  I was disappointed in it.  Usually you can find tons of great stuff, but this one was not well attended.  Guess I’ll have to wait until October.  Oh.  Heath will have to wait until October.  I’ll be in North Carolina when the next one comes around :) 

Speaking of North Carolina (I’ll be going to an international conference)…This is the first time in my LIFE that I am planning a trip all on my own!  Well—the travel agency is planning the plane, but I had to contact the travel agency so I’m counting it.  I feel so grown up.  It is also the first time I am going to a conference (not placement exchange) by myself and totally in charge of me.  I’m a bit scared.  But also proud! Haha

Any way…I’ve had 10 pair of jeans for Kalyn and Keali that I’ve been needing to hem for about six months.  It started off with a couple, and has grown to 10.  I just hemmed them!  I’m so proud of myself.  Heath thinks it is ridiculous that I’ve been avoiding 30 minutes of work for six months.  I’m not sure that I agree with him though.  I hate hemming.

Remember me mentioning last December that Uncle Brad bought a kid-sized 4-wheeler for the kids?  I almost killed him for it today.  Kynan and Kaci were outside at my in-laws playing on the grass.  Kalyn was driving the 4-wheeler (without a helmet by the way :( and while she was only going about .5 miles per hour, she was going much to fast around the babies for my liking.  She never actually came close to hitting them, but you know how a Mom worrys.  Thanks Brad.

Okay my Mormon readers.  Did any of you see the “Book of Mormon” movie that came out a while ago?  Heath Netflixed it and we watched it yesterday.  Now.  I’m a fan of the Book of Mormon.  I love the stories that were referenced in the film.  The film was stupid though.  The costuming was awful and the acting even worse!  Don’t even get me started on the wedding scene.  I almost threw up.

Oh!  I just remembered one other thing that we did yesterday.  Kalyn has to take a poster filled with pictures of herself to school tomorrow.  I ‘helped’ her complete it.  Yup.  So far, I am that Mom.  By helping her complete it, I mean that I yelled at her when she did things a way different than I wanted, and insisted on doing most of it myself. 

Yes.  I feel bad.  Yes, the poster looks good.  Yes…I should have let her do it herself.  Yes, I am ashamed.  Yes.  I’m tempted to take it apart and have her do it herself.  I’m a bad Mom!  I’ll get better.

No comments: