Monday, August 23, 2010

Ah.  What a weekend!

Friday was my birthday.  It began with a shower (don’t most days…)  Right in the middle of my shower I was treated to a beautiful happy birthday song from Heath, Kalyn, and Keali.  It was so sweet.  I got to work to find a box on my chair. 

My supervisor Julie had gotten me Peanut!  Peanut is my favorite Jeff Dunham character.  I was so happy!  And he talks!  He says a bunch of things, but my favorite is, “Am I pissing you off-fa-fa?”    I love that purple guy!

I came home for lunch to find a dozen long stemmed red roses.  I know Heath bought them, but Kalyn insists they are from her!  Heath also got me an iPhone 4, and my very own cheesecake!  I’m the only one who will eat cheesecake, so we don’t get it often.  I also got a very pink birthday cake (Kalyn picked it out), and a wicked witch of the west birthday card. 

Now, you may think, “Why would somebody give a Wicked Witch card?”  It makes perfect sense when you find out that I am getting tickets to see Wicked too!  Lucky, lucky me!  It was a great birthday!

We opened the residence halls Saturday.  Most of our students came back then, but a good number came in on Sunday too.  I had to work the welcome back dinner.  This year we had a Jamaican theme.  It was fun and had great food.

Today was Kalyn’s first day of school.   She was so excited and just a little bit nervous too.  She picked out her clothing last night and we did her hair three times this morning.  She ended up just wearing it down.IMG_3289

Driving to school.IMG_3291

Walking in with Daddy.

IMG_3293Walking in the door.  I had to ask her to turn around several times, she was so eager to get inside to meet her teacher.

IMG_3297Kalyn Lamb.  My sweet Kindergartener!

When we got Kalyn into her room, she and the other kids went outside to play so the parents could hear from the teacher.  I gave her a half hug and sent her off.  They didn’t tell me I wouldn’t get to see her again!!!  They made it sound as though she was coming back before we left!  I was more than a little upset, but I suppose the school knew what they were doing.  There is no telling how emotional I would have gotten saying goodbye.  Still…I missed her.

She had a great day!  Her favorite part was lunch.  Go figure.

 

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Glad your birthday was so good. First day of school is hard. I would've struggled even more if kindergarten had been full day. Katherine too for that matter. Katherine is excited to be able to have lunch at school this year. She starts Wed. so we'll see how it goes.

Belkycita said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!!!
What a fun birthday! I can't wait to hear your reviews from WICKED I love that show!

and your little kinder gardener is just Adorable!!

Anonymous said...

She is going to love UHE!!! I am subbing on Friday so I will get to see her. I loved getting to see all of your pictures. She is getting so big.

Tell her I will see her on Friday!!

Mandy