Saturday, July 31, 2010

My hand is still slightly swollen from the wasp sting.  How long is that going to last?  It is also very itchy.  And on top of that discomfort, I was stung in the wrist that has carpal tunnel and the swelling has really aggravated that—to the point that doing anything is fairly painful!  Ouch!

We haven’t heard any results on Kaci’s MRI.  I am told that is good news.  Still.  If nothing is wrong I would LOVE to know it!  Kaci did so well with the MRI and the anesthesia.  She got a bit of a fever the next day, but it quickly went down.  She was great! 

I can’t believe how big she and Kynan are now.  Kaci has learned to sit up this past week—Yeah!  They are both eating baby food on a regular basis and most of the time prefer it to a bottle.  Little steps in the right direction. 

The weather outside is SO hot and uncomfortable.  Heath has football practice beginning Monday.  Next week is predicted to be the hottest week of the summer.  Yuck!  Poor man.  I feel for him.  I can’t stand being out of air conditioning this time of year.   Some people can sweat and it doesn’t look awful on them.  I’m not one of those people.  I sweat, turn blood red and splotchy.  Icky.   I’m getting irritated thinking about it.

Training for work continues to go forth.  Tonight I have dinner with the group at Upper Crust.  Next week I have a lot of work to do to prepare for the arrival of the RA staff on Friday.  I love this time of year at work.  Training is certainly one of my favorite times.  I just wish I had a little more time with family.  But…I’m looking forward to August 23rd.  Things should begin to slow down then.

Kalyn got her letter for Kindergarten.  We still don’t know what class she will be in, but we got her supply list and went shopping last night.  She is SO excited!  I’m SO bummed.  I cannot believe my daughter is old enough to go to kindergarten.  Prom and then college is just around the corner and I am NOT ready for that yet.  Stop Growing Up, Kalyn!!!  STOP IT!  For that matter, STOP IT Kalyn, Keali, Kynan, and Kaci!  Oh!  It breaks my heart to see them growing up…and yet, I can’t wait to see what kind of people they grow up into. 

I do love being a Mamma!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You won't know until after they do the screenings on the kids. Any of the teachers there you will love. I hate that I won't be able to teach her in the computer lab. :( I will be subbing there on Fridays some of the time.