Thursday, August 12, 2010

I’m so mad!  Maybe frustrated is a better word.  I took the BEST video at my staff retreat earlier this week and now I can’t find it!  I almost want to cry.

But on to more important information.  We had Kaci’s MRI a couple weeks ago and got the results last week.  Everything is not perfect, but don’t panic.  This is going to sound worse than it really is.  Kaci has delayed mylenation.  That just means that her brain isn’t growing as quickly as it should, but it is a common problem with ex-preemies.  We will test again in six months to be sure it is growing correctly, but nobody is really very concerned about it so I am taking it as not a big deal.

Kaci also had ear tubes put in this morning.  We were at the hospital for over five hours.  For ear tubes!  The procedure itself was only about a minute.  The bulk of the time was spent waiting for the OR to open up.  Heath and I had taken all of the kids with us because we figured it wouldn’t be more than an hour or so.  Boy were we wrong!  And boy were we happy that for the most part all of the kids behaved very well. 

Kaci woke up really cranky, but once she started feeling better she began yelling and talking.  I think she can finally hear herself clearly and she is very happy about it.  She really hasn’t shut down her vocal cords since. 

I took the day off work (and RA/CA Training which is going very well—but sapping tons of energy), but had to go in from 4-5 for RA/CA Convocation.  I again had to take all the kids with me because Heath was at work.  Thank Heaven that half my staff wanted to hold the babies!  I just turned them over and had to keep an eye on Kalyn and Keali (who halfway through went to sit with Kayla DuVall). 

I was very blessed today to have well behaved kids! 

After Convocation, I decided to go ahead to the store to pick up some groceries and Kaci’s prescription.  It didn’t occur to me until I pulled into the parking lot that I was alone.  As in only one adult with four kids—two of which can barely crawl.  I panicked for a brief moment but reminded myself that I really wanted to not wait for Heath to go out. 

Luckily, I found a cart I was able to put both babies in.  The girls, again surprised me and behaved very well in the store.  We got what we needed then headed home where I managed to feed all four kids.  I’m rather proud of myself.

Heath is home now, and the babies are going to bed.  Kalyn and Keali aren’t long for this night so I think I can finally call it a day!

Best wishes to all and prayers to those of you who need it or who I’ve promised them to.

1 comment:

Belkycita said...

Wow! it sounds like you got everything under control!
I love those day when everything seems to be just right. I hope and pray that Kaci progress the way she is supposed to.
Take care super momma!