Thursday, July 29, 2010

I’ve had a crazy wish for as long as I can remember.

I’ve always wanted to be inside a real life musical.  You know…you are doing every day stuff and suddenly, music starts and you and the people around you suddenly burst into song and dance.  Silly, huh?

Well yesterday…it HAPPENED!!  To Me!!

It all starts back two months ago ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(picture the screen getting wavy and chimes sounding as we travel back in time)

I am sitting in my usual Thursday morning staff meeting.  It is George, the ACUHO-I Intern’s first staff meeting with us.  He is going to be with us until the end of July, so to help him get to know us, we are all instructed to introduce ourselves, and tell him something about us that nobody around the table knows.

When it gets to my turn, I say, “I’m Melissa Lamb, and I have always wanted to be inside a musical.”  George says, “What? Like High School Musical?”  I say, “Kind of.  You know the cafeteria scene?  Well…I would like to be sitting somewhere doing something normal and then burst into song and dance.” 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Present Day…well actually yesterday…

George was giving his end of internship report to the entire staff.  We were all sitting in a big room, watching his powerpoint.  He spoke about the projects that we assigned to him and what he had accomplished.  Then he started talking about his impressions of the people he had been working with.  He spoke about Patrick our Director, April and Julie our Associate Directors, the Central Office team.  Then my picture came up on screen.  He noted that I had four kids, and that I love spending time with my family.  Then he flashed us back to the staff meeting scene I have already explained. 

Out of nowhere, 525, 600 Minutes (from RENT) started to play.  Matt Morgan (one of my RAs and a Theater Major) begins to sing.  Then Kayla DuVall (another RA and longtime friend) stood up and begins singing.  I started to catch on at this point.

George came and got me and brought me up to the front where the four of us sang and danced.  My own real life musical!  It was great!

When we were done, George explained that when he heard me say that two months ago, he determined that he was going to make my dream come true.  And he did! 

Thank you Georgie!!!043

 

George is the one wearing a blue shirt forth from the right.  It’s the best picture I have of him.

1 comment:

Belkycita said...

That is just AWESOME!!!!

I am so jealous! that sounds like SO much fun!
did anyone recorded it?