Thursday, November 11, 2010

It’s finally happened.  The tooth is out!!  It’s been loose for weeks.  Endless questions of “when will it come out?”  And today is the day.

Today at work was good—though I didn’t get a lot done.  One of my best friends shared she and her husband are expecting a Gummy Bear!  That is what the baby looks like…a Gummy Bear!  The ultrasound picture they have is the most adorable one I have ever seen at that stage and I am thrilled for them.  Congratulations! 

With that news coming around 9:30 this morning, it was hard to concentrate the rest of the day!  Like I said…THRILLED!

Heath brought the babies up to my office.  Kynan has officially been labeled a “Chick-Magnet” by Heath.  We cut his hair into a mohawk the other day and Heath had it spikey.  The women—LOVE IT!  And he is such a little heartbreaker anyway!

When I went to pick Kalyn up from school, my day got even better.  I walked in…looked for my baby girl…and there she was.  Smiling.  Without a tooth!  She was so proud! 

It was just like a movie!  We ran into each other’s arms (really…we did) and hugged.  She was so excited and to see that made me so happy for her!

We gathered her belongings and went to the car where she tried to show me her tooth.  But…

Dun

Dun

Dun!

THE TOOTH WAS MISSING!!

We frantically searched the backpack and around the backpack.  My precious daughter began to get really upset.  How can the Tooth Fairy pick up a tooth that isn't there?  We went back to the cafeteria and looked around.  Next we found a custodian to unlock the classroom door.  No tooth!

The next step was clear. We recruited half of the Camp Raider staff to search while I formulated a back up plan.

After we still couldn’t find the tooth, I told Kalyn we would draw a tooth when we got home and the Tooth Fairy would pick that up.  She would understand that this happens sometimes.  Kalyn was actually pretty okay with it.

We got back to the car and I looked in the backpack one more time.  Well.  It just so happens that Kalyn’s backpack has a secret pocket that I’ve never seen before and the tooth was in there!  I was relieved to say the least.

On the way home, Kalyn called her Daddy and informed him that he could tell the Tooth Fairy that she prefers cash as her present. 

I’m okay with that.  All in all.  A great day!IMG_0854

1 comment:

Belkycita said...

LOL!! She's so funny "prefers cash!" LOL!!!

And super cute as well.