Monday, May 10, 2010

Bubbie Chubs and I have been sick all weekend. Other than that--it was a pretty good weekend. For Mother's Day, Kynan and Kaci gave me the BEST present ever! They both slept from 10-7!! I know!! Their timing couldn't have been more perfect. And though I don't expect it to happen again any time soon, I am so thankful that I got one night of fairly uninteruppted sleep. It was great!
Richie, Debi, and Kylee came up to visit and it was nice to see them. Kylee is growing so much--it's amazing how you can see other's children grow, but it seem like your own change over night. I was thinking about Kalyn the other day. She is huge! Really tall for a 5-yr old and smart as a whip. I mean REALLY smart. I've always known she was super-intellegent, but she is really growing up too fast. Luckily for me, she will still hold my hand, snuggle on demand, and give me the sweetest kiss and smile whenever I want. I wonder how long that will last? Hopefully a while longer. I'll miss it when she begins to think it isn't 'cool' to like her Mom. Hopefully that day will never come :)
Happy late Mother's Day to all of the women out there--those with children and those without. I think every woman who loves children should be celebrated on Mother's Day. Some women--no. Some people don't deserve the distinction of Mother, but loving children isn't always easy and those who do love children--I am so thankful for.
I'm thankful for my own Mom who sacrificed so much to give birth to and raise 9 children. She has gone through some rough times, but has kept her faith and love of her Heavenly Father and for her children even though some have at times turn their backs on her. She is amazing.
Also to my Mother-In-Law who is the most unselfish person I have ever met. Julia loves everyone without question and gives gives gives. She is amazing with children--I think they can sense a purity in her spirit.
I hope that someday I can live up to the standard of "Mother" that these two wonderful women have set.

No comments: