Monday, November 29, 2010

What a day.

But first.  Thanksgiving.

The week of Thanksgiving I took off work in the hopes that we could spend some extra time in Hot Springs with my family.  Much to my dismay, Kalyn and Keali had school Monday and Tuesday!  This is shocking because usually Nettleton schools close when the University is closed.  Anyway…I knew I was on duty the last part of the week so this left only Wednesday to go to HS.  But Heath had to work Wednesday morning so I gathered up the kiddies and drove the three hours myself.

The kids were all very good.  The only problem with the drive down was the fog that was super thick for the first 150 of 180 miles.  We got to Moms house and ate pumpkin pie (I loved this because I usually don’t get pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving) and visited for about an hour.  Mom had to go to work and we followed her to the store to buy Kalyn some clothes. 

I got to the store and realized I left the diaper bag at my Mom’s so I left the kids with Mom and drove back to the house.  It took much longer than I wanted to, but what can you do?

I picked the kids up and we headed off to Dad’s.  To be honest, I really felt in the way at Dad’s house.  Linda had just gotten home from having surgery and Jennifer and Jeremiah had just arrived as well.  Me and four rambunctious kids were probably NOT the best thing for the Hale house!  Anyway, I got to see almost everyone and that was nice.  The kids were really good.  I staged a “baby fight” that was super funny, but I think some siblings judged my mothering at that moment.  It was funny though.  The twins always want what the other has and they fight to the death (well, almost).  Kaci is something of a bully and can totally hold her own with Kynan.

We left for home a bit early because it was supposed to rain and it gets dark early.  I have a hard time driving in the dark if it is raining.  Thanks Lasiks! 

We got home in time to see Richie, Debi, and Kylee who had just arrived, then Heath and I had a quiet night with the babies since Kalyn and Keali chose to sleep at Mamaw and Papaw’s.

Thanksgiving was nice,  I ended up sleeping through about half of it (I had a headache for about 4 days).  I didn’t do the black Friday sales.  I refuse to do that anymore!  Saturday and Sunday were nice too.

This morning I went back to work and thought I enjoy  my job, I admit that I wished I was still asleep.  It was dark and rainy all day.  That makes me SO sleepy!  I went to pick Kalyn up from Camp Raider and ended up locking my purse, phone, and keys in the car.  I had to borrow a phone to call Heath (the only number I have memorized).  He called his Mom to come pick Kalyn and I up and we finally made it home—an hour later than normal.  Thank goodness Bryan made dinner—I’m not sure I could have handled it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

baby fights are funny :) we always laugh when our twins would fight when they were little-no judging here!

Jennifer said...

It was nice to see you and the kids for a couple of hours. That Kynan is a little heartbreaker, isn't he?