Monday, September 27, 2010

We had a wonderful weekend!

I am on duty this week, but a co-worker agreed to cover for me Saturday so we could go to St. Louis.  We’ve been talking about going up there for a day or two for several months, but never found the right time.  Finally we decided to just go. 

Our day started very early.  4:58 am to be exact.  That was when I recieved a phone call (I was still on duty) telling me that one of my buildings was on fire. 

That wakes you up pretty quickly.  I quickly dressed and headed over, only to find that some hooligans had set off three fire extinguishers and set off the alarm.  The dust was so thick it looked like smoke.  I was relieved!

I headed home and we all got up and headed off to St. Louis.  Before we left, Kalyn dropped a bombshell. 

She had her first loose tooth.

Heath and I almost cried!

Kalyn was so very very excited, and since has only really agreed to eat liquids because solid food ‘hurts too much.’ 

Then we left.  We took our time getting there—it was very relaxing not feeling rushed to get someplace!  I often forget what that is like!

We arrived to the Temple and stopped in at the Distribution Center to pick up some stuff.  We apparently stole a DVD too, so I have to call tomorrow about paying for that.  It’s a long story. 

After that, we met up with Angie—a woman Heath knows from his mission.  We went to lunch with Angie and her hubby.  It was great to catch up with her.  Then we went to the St. Louis Science Center.  It was tons of fun!

Heath and I were exhausted, so I was really happy to find out that it closed just 2 hours after we got there.  I know that is bad, but I was happy to have a deadline.

We walked around and the kids played.  I learned some cool stuff.  033

Kalyn and Keali playing with the Laser Harp.

There was a real-sized animatronics  t-rex and triceratops.  Kalyn did okay with it when we were at ground level.  Towards the end of the day we went up to eye-level at the gift shop.  There, the eye started following Kalyn.  In her own words, it “totally freaked” her out.  She burst into tears and insisted that she would have asked to go to the zoo had she known that there were dinosaurs at the science center.  (Angie informed Heath and I that the zoo had a dinosaur display too!)

In all, it was a very long, very fun day as a family!  Rather than spending the night, (Heath had to teach a Sunday School class Sunday morning) we drove home and managed to get back around 9:30.  Not bad!

We were woken Sunday morning at 6 by Keali rushing into our bedroom yelling “It’s coming! It’s coming!  Kalyn’s tooth is coming out!”  Welcome to the conversation Keali.

She was very excited for her big sister.

As of now, the tooth as yet to fall out, but we are all hopeful it will happen soon.

So many cute things were said and done this weekend.  Of course I didn’t write them all down.  I really should walk around with a video recorder so I don’t miss anything.023

Angie and Kynan.  This was the first time she had gotten to meet our kids.025

Angie and Kaci.  Kaci really liked her.026

Kalyn and Keali in front of the Temple by the fountain.  They weren’t so happy that they couldn’t jump in the water. 030

Kalyn waiting for an energy demonstration.  It was great! 031

Keali waiting.

No comments: